Guess who is moving into an apartment this summer? After living in a teeny dorm freshman year at IU, then renting an older house in Bloomington for my sophomore year, (and as cute as the little bungalow may be) I am ready for some easier college living. Our house right now is 3 bedroom, 1 bath. For three girls, this just does not cut it. The new apartment will have 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and…. TWO CLOSETS EACH! It’s the little things.
Enough of my rambling. I’m doing some DIY projects to revamp my bedroom for next year. Let me enlighten you first with my quick Illustrator inspiration board.
I hope to make a lot of things I have found courtesy of Pinterest. Click on the links to get directions to make your own, and I’ll keep you updated on my DIY status!
1. a vanity (desk gifted free from a family member of my brother’s-in-law, which I will paint white & hopefully find a really cute decorative mirror)…(or frame a cheap mirror).
2. a chandelier (made from a hanging wire basket, Mardi Gras beads, and some spray paint)
3. A perfume display like this here (since I collect perfume bottles & the collection is growing)
4. Paint my trunk (I got it at goodwill for $20 but the color doesn’t really fit with my color scheme of light pastels)
5. paint my dressers (one big, for the room. One small, for the closet. Both white, because I’m into the “all white” thing right now.)
Look back later when I have updates on my step-by-step projects. I hope to tackle the desk first, & the little makeup brushes & dispenser are easy so they’ll come last. Comment/email me at email@example.com to give me updates on your own DIY projects, especially if you tackle the ones listed above!